The great blog debate
Today’s Marketing Edge features a podcast debate about blogs. I, your host Albert Maruggi, am joined by Michael Keliher, PR practice manager for Provident Partners, to duke it out over whether businesses should get into blogging. The verbal sparring is moderated by John Havens, About.com’s guide to podcasting.
We hash out some of the pros and cons of blogs, from a business and marketing perspective. I take a “What will blogs get me?” approach. Mike highlights the social and interactive benefits of blogging.
- 1:00 - 3:00 The objectives of a blog
- 4:00 - 12:00 Who is using blogs? Why should a company care about what blogs are saying about their products or services? How can companies use a blog?
- 13:00 - 17:00 What influence will the legal department have in a company blog? Is it worth it for marketers to battle legal opposition for blogs.
- 18:00 - 26:00 Should institutions provide a forum for discussion? How do you determine whether a blog is serving its purpose? Is the number of comments a good criterion for determining whether a blog is successful?
- 27:00 - 33:00 What role does trust play in establishing a blog?
- Post a comment on our blog
- Call 651-695-0174, then record your comment on the Marketing Edge comment line (line #3)
- E-mail me at email@example.com
- Send a letter to or bang on our door at: 790 Cleveland Avenue S., Suite 221, St. Paul, MN 55116